AHARS Annual Picnic/BBQ

Started by VK5PH, Dec 30, 2023, 08:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

VK5PH

Hi AHARS members,
                I hope that you have had an enjoyable Christmas and are now looking forward to what I hope will be a safe, healthy and prosperous New Year. Earlier this year we conducted a very successful Astronomy/Gastronomy night where 36 attendees were wowed by celestial images after a consuming a comprehensive supper. Those present on the night considered that the Orphanage Park would be a great venue for the annual AHARS BBQ/picnic so the committee has accepted the challenge and all we need is your attendance to make this a successful outing.

There are plenty of shady trees and we are looking at setting up adjacent to Brownhill Creek that wends its way through the park.

The AHARS annual BBQ/Picnic
When: January 14th (Sunday) 12:00 start with food served at about 12:45

Where: Goodwood Orphanage Park, Millswood. Adjacent to the Goodwood Rd Underpass. Enter off Mitchell St. Plenty of parking available.

Provided: Meat, Salads and Bread. Bring your own drinks (Alcohol allowed).

Cost: $10 per head. Payable directly into the AHARS Account. BSB:105 186 Acct:036 248 940 Please include your Callsign when making "Payment for BBQ" as comment

Please bring the following:
•   Chairs
•   Table
•   Cutlery
•   Appropriate clothing, including hats
•   Sunscreen/Insect repellent

I know that it is a busy time for many but please make an effort to join the 20 people that have already registered for what should be a great afternoon. We need to have payment made before the 4th of January to properly cater for the event.

The committee looks forward to seeing you there.

Paul

Paul Hoffmann
VK5PH
2 Hillside Ave, Glen Osmond, South Australia 5064
m 0418 803 177 |  t +61 8 8379 9350 | e network@internode.on.net | kiwisdr http://sdr.ironstonerange.com:8073
Checkout the Ironstone Range Receive Site   http://sdr.ironstonerange.com:8073
There are currently 3 Kiwi Sdrs connected to a 12m high duoconical antenna.